• Serial speed up to 115 200 kbit/s
• Two RS-232 interface one DCE and one DTE
• 9 pol D-sub alternately 9 or 5 pin screw terminal
• Transparent communication
• Purpose built DIN rail casing with integral clip
• Plug and play
• Total galvanic isolation
• Industrial EMC, shock and vibration approval
• Eliminates ground loop current
• Duplicate the RS-232 distance
• Full duplex and transmission of one control sig
The MD-52 is a RS-232 isolator allowing RS-232 systems to be connected where there is a need to isolate interfaces from each other. The serial interfaces are standard RS-232 configured as DCE and DTE creating a simple installation.
The RS-232 serial interface is connected through a standard 9 pol D-sub or terminal block with screw connectors. MD-52 is a plug and play unit and the communication is totally transparent.
The MD-52 is designed for use in heavy duty industrial applications. The different power options, galvanic isolation, guarantees communication in the worst environments. The MD-52 has been tested to meet many EMC, isolation, vibration and shock standards, all to the highest levels suitable for heavy industrial environments.
The design of the isolator makes MD-52 suitable for applications where there is a risk for ground loop currents or other electrical disturbances.
Customer service, Westermo North America